While working or having fun in the sun on hot summer days follow these safety tips to stay cool and protecting yourself from heat related health problems.
1. Drink water!!! As much as 1 quart per hour.
2. Take a break every 10- 15 minutes.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet.
4. Reduce exposure from the sun by taking cover in the shade periodically if possible.
5. Wear a hat, and use sunscreen to protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun.
Beat the summer heat and stay safe whether you are working hard in the sun or playing on the beach!!
Have a happy and safe summer 2012!!